Saturday, June 9, 2012

BILLY GILMAN. 12 years later.

The other day at work we were chatting about music and somehow the topic of a singer from when I was younger, a country singer who was a cutie that I used to love, came up! One of my co-workers remembered the name of the singer (that I had since then forgot because I "lost" my cassette of his music after a few months of having it, still convinced to this day that my Mama took a part in me losing it). I immediately looked the name up and was brought back to 2000 and third grade. 


In 2000, when I was in third grade, I was obsessed with this singer, I had his cassette and a walk-man and literally walked around listening and re-listening to his songs over and over and over again and belting them out in my 7 year old confidence. I was AWESOME, in case you were wondering. 


Billy Gilman, circa 2000. 


                                                                        One Voice




One Voice, the one song that I listened to and belted out the most!! I was a swooning third grader!


                                                                           Elisabeth




           (I wanted to be a teacher like the girl in this song! Haha )


Billy Gilman, all grown up. His website.

                                                                         The Choice




I am more than impressed with him still (and it doesn't hurt that he is still super cute!!). This kid star is making such a difference. I may or may not have downloaded his music from Itunes, don't judge me! :)


I am more than glad to know that I can still support him in his music career and that someone who started out as just some sweet little country singer (who I was over heels in love with at the age of 7 or 8) is out there making a difference and helping people who NEED people to help them. 


I'm also incredibly proud to be a country music fan because this video is full of amazing artists who took time and made this song beautiful!


Oh Billy Gilman, you are still adorable. My third grader self is still swooning. :)


xoxo Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment